Re: Hate mail

Steve Shapiro (sgshiya@redshift.com)
Sun, 07 Mar 1999 22:40:18 -0800

Subject: Re: Hate mail

>I've grounded my kids from TV for a month for less.
>My interest is in learning as much as possible about the different
processes
>out there. As a new artist to the list and the medium, I have found the
>whole bickering thing quite amazing and not what I thought the list was
>about. I'm not going anywhere but back to culling through the stuff to
find
>the useful information. It has nothing to do with tolerance or lack of
>same. You who know already could make it easier to learn for those of us
>who don't.
>
>Fran

Yeah, we learned.

Tyler School of fine Arts: You're drawing and mid class session, another
prof comes in and whacks your knuckles with a brush handle. Strange you
say? Of course, because you're in a sculpture class.

Random comment from Beaux Arts students: "I never heard a compliment from
my professors, inside or outside the class." "I never heard comments, aside
from the screams and the sound of wood on flesh, who could hear?"

I don't know how you do your art, Fran, but if it doesn't go well, do you
stop? Do you have to take it out on someone when it doesn't go well?

The former requires dicipline, the latter requires the Sheriff.

S. Shapiro, Carmel, CA

I have fifty 4X5s and 20 8X10s and six 6 1/2 X 8 1/2s to proof; and two
shows three donations and a slew of publications to print for so wake me
when this is at an intelligent level. No ostrich feathers, please.