Re: Uneven staining of film with rotary processing

FotoDave@aol.com
Tue, 16 Mar 1999 13:41:32 -0500 (EST)

In a message dated 3/16/99 10:27:34 AM Pacific Standard Time,
wmlaven@platinotype.com writes:

> Very curios. My simultaneous post re: Jobos is to find a liner for the
> print drums because, contrary to what Jobo says, there are problems with
> the ridges blocking the solution from the base side of the film because the
> ridges behave like little dams.

After reading the above, I went to my darkroom and check my drum system and
found that I have described it wrongly. The drums that I am using are not
print drum (the 2800 series) but the 2500 series. Interesting, the inside of
2553 is smooth, but 2563 and 2560 (for extension) has ridges. I don't know if
the ridges are the same as those for print drums, but with 2560 and 2563, I
get absolutely no stain from the antihalation dye (which I get if I use the
smooth 2553).

But that's for stain from the antihalation dye. I don't know if it will solve
the stain problem with pyro since I haven't use it.

Dave S