Re: about exotic ferric oxalte and ziatype

Nze christian (Nzec@compuserve.com)
Sun, 21 Mar 1999 13:57:56 -0500

Texte du message écrit par INTERNET:alt-photo-process-l@skyway.usask.ca
>I'm all ears Nze! -- (idiomatic English meaning I want to hear all about
it.) Please keep good notes and report back. It sounds interesting.

Cesium ferric oxalate sounds neat. I've got formulas for making lithium
ferric oxalate and sodium ferric oxalate from ferric oxalate in The New
Platinum Print. I think Wares method of using Ferric nitrate leaves you
with some excess nitric acid which acts like chlorate of dichromate, so I
don't recommend that route.

Lithium adds a hint of brown, in fact impossible to get a neutral black
with it like you can with the ammonium. Sodium is also warmer in tone but
seems to boost contrast. Carl and I did some rudimentary exploration of the

exotic FO's but that's about it.
<

hello dick,
thanks for your comment and to make me avoid wrong way .

I use your formula to make these two salt and to print with it .
Before you talk about them I'm looking for new additive (as sodium
tungsten) ,but when I receive your book (new platinum print) I think it
could be interresting to find new color and contrast controlling way as you
do with lithium ferric oxalate and sodium.

As I understand I should find hygroscopic salt to help the printing out
effect I think of caesium salt ,
and as it's easy to make potassium ferric oxalate (I will make a try),look
to tin as it is near Pb in the periodic table .

I will what are the result as soon as I make the test.

regards

nze christian (france)
.