Re: chrysotype again -- and try this!

Nze christian (Nzec@compuserve.com)
Tue, 20 Apr 1999 14:31:11 -0400

Texte du message écrit par INTERNET:alt-photo-process-l@skyway.usask.ca
>If you are using gold in a lithium Ziatype, try going into the bath
of thiosulfate first. I think the intensification occurring in a Gold/Zia
print is due to action of the gold in relation to the palladium which cause

the sever contrast boost. You may be able to really load up a Ziatype with
gold and not get the severe contrast and intensification that normally
happens since the thiosulfate will halt any further action by the gold.

If you try it I am sure you will let us know whether it works or not.<

hello all
first I would talk about the chrysotype image I made .the only problem I
have is that on some print the Dmax is not I enough (black not black enough
to my taste. but I have some picture with really nice black.
in fact I observe that blue picture got an higher dmax than pink or
buurgundy one.

second As you want to know, dick, if you 're idea work I've just tested it
and can say that it don't work as you think.
I made a zia gold print (4drops gold + 1 drop LiPd +5 drop FAOx+1 drop
tween20) RH60%
 I print a low contrast neg which give me a very nice picture(not to
contrasty) .
put it in a 2% thiosulfate bath and what's happen.
sure the gold stay in the paper
but the coating but nonprint part of the paper become yellow brown as a
stain oreverything else.
as I look at this and make some test to clear it I can say that it isn't a
gold precipitate .
as It bleach when I put bleach water on it.

nze christian (france)