Re: Permanence, my philosophical fussing about rc/fiber and color /silver

Michael McKinney (mckinnm@host1.swosu.edu)
Tue, 20 Apr 1999 13:42:11 -0500

At 12:15 20-04-99 -0600, you wrote:
>>>The permanent processes (Technicolor, Kodacrome, Dye
>>>Transfer, multilayer pigment tissues, etc.) are in most case need a >>lot
>of
>>>time, money, work, strong nerves and so on.
>

>What makes you say that Kodachrome represents a lot of time, money and
>strong nerves? I am 41 and have shot Kodachrome since I was a wee lad of 9
>or 10 or 11 or so and I have never found the film to be any problem.
>
>RM

Only when the Kodak-post office deadline and the AD's deadline didn't match
up was there a problem with Kodachrome. Hey Steve Shapiro, there is an
example of Kodak responding to "we who do" that I had forgotten about. We
yelled long and hard for Kodachrome in 120 and finally got it. I stand
corrected on the Great Yellow Father's reticence, but only a little. :)

TTFN

Michael
C. Michael McKinney, MFA
Southwestern Oklahoma State University