darkroom waste water

Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Fri, 28 May 1999 15:51:04 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 28 May 1999, Steve Shapiro wrote:
> To have a hazardous waste disposal company remove your chemicals is an
> expensive proposition. If you can afford $50 a month, go for it.
> Otherwise, you will have a silver deposit that may add to the value of your
> new home by the time you go to sell that one.

Each year at Photo Expo I seem to see more comprehensive water
cleaning/recycling systems at lower prices. I don't know enough to judge
(understatement) but I got the impression that for about $5000 you could
get something that would handle effluent from a small darkroom easily.

That would almost certainly be less hassle than jockeying 50 gallon
barrels... And could maybe be added to the mortgage of a new house.

Judy