RE: Polaroid goop

Jerry Orabona (jorabona@jerryo.com)
Fri, 28 May 1999 16:40:40 -0400

Larry --

As they say in the Bronx fugetaboutit. The Polaroid emulsion is so fragile
that you will scratch it off if you touch it; nevermind trying to clean it.
I have shot tons of this stuff the only solution is to shoot 3 or 4x as much
film as you think you may need and hope for a clean unscratched image; then
dupe it immediately.

Other Pola-pan / chrome handling tips:

1. After processing open the cassette at one end. Do not pull the film past
the gate.
2. Cut the film into strips and store one per glassine envelope. Vinyl will
scratch.
3. Will dupe very nicely on Kodalith developed to continuos tone in Dektol
1:6 for 2 mins.

Good luck

jerry
http://kmcamera.com