Re: Pricing prints.

Tom Ferguson (tomf2468@pipeline.com)
Wed, 21 Jul 1999 08:19:26 -0700

I often wish I could sell for cheaper than my galleries. But, I
think it would be unethical. Not only that, but I beleive I've
twice been asked to sign gallery contracts stating I wouldn't do
it!

--
Tom Ferguson
tomf2468@pipeline.com

---------- >From: FotoDave@aol.com >To: alt-photo-process-l@sask.usask.ca >Subject: Re: Pricing prints. >Date: Wed, Jul 21, 1999, 7:55 AM > > I am new to selling photgraphic prints (silver or alt. process) although > I > have sold some paintings. With painting, each one is an original. With > photograph or printmaking, one can make multiple prints. > > My question is suppose one sells through a gallery *and* through arts > fair > and/or other means like mail order, internet sales, etc., due to > different > overheads as mentioned above, can s/he price the same prints > differently? > That is, can s/he price a print for $1000 in a gallery, but price it > $700 if > purchased through his web site? Is it considered unfair competition or > unethical to the gallery? <SNIP>