Re: Carbon prints = Pigment prints?

Sandy King (sanking@hubcap.clemson.edu)
Mon, 26 Jul 1999 09:32:07 -0500

A carbon print is a pigment print. A number of prints made by other
processes are also considered pigment prints (carbro, gum, oil, bromoil,
direct carbon, powder, etc., etc.).

Historically the tendency has been to refer to indiviudal work done in one
of these processes by the specific name, but generically to lump them
together as pigment prints. On the other hand, the editors of the recent
book on Sudek (Pigment Prints) chose the generic term over the specific
(his pigment prints are in fact mostly carbros).

Sandy King