Re: Gold Toning

David (adin@frontier.net)
Sat, 31 Jul 1999 20:16:53 -0600

Lorne,
My experience w/ gold toned silver prints:
Selenium tones magenta, gold tones blue.

These "impressions" are just that, no visible difference unless two prints
(same image) compared side by side.

David

----------
From: Lorne Resnick <Lorne@lorneresnick.com>
To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
Subject: Gold Toning
Date: Saturday, July 31, 1999 5:46 PM

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me regarding Gold Chloride
Toning (or Gold Toning - is there a difference between the two?). I will be
doing some fiber based silver gelatin prints for a gallery show and wanted
to give gold toning a try.

Any recommendations with regards to materials/procedure and/or reference
guides would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Lorne Resnick
Travel, Fine Art, Stock & Commercial