Re: Cyanotype Problem

From: Jack Fulton (jfulton@itsa.ucsf.edu)
Date: Fri Dec 03 1999 - 22:02:35 /etc/localtime

> My experience tells me this is exactly true. There is very little to
> gain with the new cyanotype, especially now that I cut down the B
> solution in half and gain quite a bit of speed with the simplest of
> the "old" cyanotype formulas. There is no perceivable difference
> between the two in D-Max or in color otherwise.
> Sam Wang

Oh Saaaam,
What are your 'new' formulations?
When you say you cut the B solution in half, what is the chemical amounts in
the formula you use?
Cut in 1/2 … does that mean the chemistry? Or the liquid portion? Liquid in
the sense that if the formula calls for
x mls. per y ozs. are you doubling the water amount?
i realize the end quantityt is the same

Gotta add too that my students have been using the Blueprint-Printables cloth
material and are obtaining superb blues that really look good.
$35 for 3.5 foot by 9 foot piece.

Jack