Re: Stitching Software Web Sites/my ignorance

From: dean kansky (dkansky@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Dec 10 1999 - 00:47:58 /etc/localtime

I downloaded quick stitch already because I saw the great reviews. My
problem is this.

I have a 8 X 12 scanner and 11 X 15 prints.

So I scan in the top half of the print and then the bottom half.

Then I fire up quick stitch, rotate the images, and place them one on top of
the other.

I hit "stitch" and the image that comes out mis-shaped ( a little like an
hour glass).

I can even out the final image with a crop, but to do so, I need to crop a
bit of my print, and if I will be making digital negs, I do not want to have
to crop part of my image.

If I were making a panorama, life would be good. But I am not.

I wanted the best stitch software that would simply stitch the image with no
cropping required.

Is there something out there like this? Or does all stitch software
mis-shape the image a bit?