Esh-ahg /was Re: Fresson article in "Reponses Photo" of June 1999

Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Thu, 11 Nov 1999 14:52:12 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 11 Nov 1999, Tom Sobota wrote:

> >(btw, I have always wanted to ask this: how do you pronounce "Echague?" (I
> assume Jose is
> >pronounce with an "H" like Hosea?)
> >
> Yes. And Echague goes more or less like this:
>
> E as in Emily
> CH as in riCH
> A as in Anderson
> G as in Go
> Ü as in yoU
> E as in End.

And put them all together, they spell..... ????

My guess was esh-ahg (to rhyme with mesh-log), but I gather from the above
that that's wrong... ?

By the way, I e-mailed the address Pete Fredrick gave us to get the
Eschague book, but never heard back. Any suggestions short of flying over?

Judy