Re: anti-virus programs

From: Thor Bols (thorbols@hotmail.com)
Date: 04/04/00-09:40:22 PM Z

Gord, get the hook, would ya? This stuff is no more on-topic than the Mac
vs. PC stuff of yesterday. Especially, when it is nonsense like this:

"Viruses will eventually be written for Java, or ones that use your Browser,
or an e-mail script that is non-platform specific... As the web becomes the
common denominator instead of OS's, viruses will more and more use the web
as the their form of transmission, infection, and propagation..."

This individual knows NOTHING about JAVA, etc. "e-mail scripts"? "The web
becomes the common denominator instead of OS?!!!??" C'mon!! You're just
worrying people needlessly.

Maybe you think you can get by with throwing this kind of jargon around in a
photography forum, but REALLY, you just look foolish to anyone with even a
modicum of system understanding.