anti-virus programs

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 04/04/00-01:19:04 PM Z

Gord and company have put the fear of the lord in me... and realizing that
my "virus protection" (Virex Dropscan) is not recently upgraded, this is a
good reminder not to forget. Is it possible to do that without going to
the dread web -- where I'm not going to get real *advice* anyway? Are
there any mac mavens out there who could name names of best current
programs ?-- Offlist is probably more polite. As a rich Mac owner, of
COURSE I expect to pay (a reasonable price). Major consideration would be
what's most heads-up on new developments, assuming not all are equal, and
that the hack-heads will take off after the mac any minute now.

As for which systems "work," in P-F #1, the annals of "Analog Woman in
Digital Hell" explained why , given the realities of computer development
& marketing, the best you could hope for was the lesser evil. Around about
then (when Mac was officially dead) I recall a clipping on the bulletin
board of the last outpost for repair (Tech Serv) quoting major authority
to the effect that Mac definitely needed fewer repairs than PC -- a crumb
of comfort when sorely needed...

Judy