Re: anti-virus programs

From: Stuart Goldstein (satgre@worldnet.att.net)
Date: 04/05/00-06:30:49 AM Z

Sarah Van Keuren wrote:

> All of us Mac owners need to protect ourselves in case we are
> found worthy of infecting......and downloaded the Vulnerable stuff but perhaps it didn't even
> land in my computer since it may have been just for PC owners....

Sarah and Judy-

That PC stuff won't work on our Macs. So its not worth downloading.

I don't use Outlook Explorer so I don't know if there is a patch for the Mac
(although you could search the Microsoft homepage for a Mac Outlook Explorer
patch). I use Dr. Solomon's Virex to check for viruses.

Judy, you mention that you have Virex - if you purchased it in the last year,
you can call the company for an upgrade to 6.0 (or whatever version they're
on). If it's slightly older, they won't upgrade but you can get the free virus
scanner update file (forgot what it's called - new viruses they've discovered
and for which they have written antidotes) but you have to go on the web to do
that. If you call the company on their 800 #, they'll probably send it to you
for a small charge.

Stuart