Re: Cross Processing

From: Mary Lou Uttermohlen (marylou@photographer.net)
Date: 04/05/00-07:45:36 AM Z

>Current favorites:
>XP2 rated at 100 pushed 1-2 stops in E6
>Kodak CN-400 rated at 250 pushed 1 stop in E6
>Kodak 160 NC and 160 VC rated at 100 pushed 1-2 stops in E6
>All time favorite:
>Kodak Ektar 25 (try and find some) rated at 25, processed normal E6 (best
>suited for low contrast scenes.
>Kerry

Kerry,

Kodak and Fugi have changed their film technology and the new films do not
cross process well. As far as I know the film you suggested are not being
made any more. Have you tested any currently available color neg film in
E-6? I just
tested Fugi NPL and when cross processed it looked like regular slide film
without cross curves.

Mary Lou

 _____________________________________
Graham

>> I have cross process E6 with C41 processing but your message has sparked
>> a desire some the other way C41 processed E6 for slides.
>>
>> What film have you been using and at what EI?

My favorite film to cross was Fugi Super G but I can not find it anywhere.
It has not been
manufactured for over a year. I shot it normal and ran it +2.

>> Have you tried Kodak PPF (I still have some in the freezer) ?

I'm not familiar with PPF

>> What about Fuji? I have been using a lot of NHGII 800, is this one
>> of the "new and improved" types that don't cross process well?
 hands on it.

I'm not sure. I haven't tested that film. I think it is a newer film but the
Fugi tech said that it is based on older technology and there is a chance
that it might cross. It is not a film that I plan to test soon.

Mary Lou

Hi,
I am thinking about starting to cross process c-41 in e-6, do you know what
films I should start with and what I can expect from it. I have an e6
machine at home so ill be doing the processing, do you know if I need to
change the time for development?

thanks
-ian

Ian,

Cross processing usually involves pushing the film. I found a lot of
suggestions on the internet
for how to cross process different films however none of those guidelines
apply to the
new films. I am currently testing and not sure if I will find anything
that will replace what I could do with older
films. I plan to search the internet for sources of outdated film but when
that is gone the
e-6 style crossing will be extinct as far as I know.

Mary Lou

marylou@photographer.net Phone:504-891-1500 New Orleans, Lousianna

Commercial Website : http://www.bigeasy.net/marylou

 Personal Project:
Structure Out of Chaos http://chaos.photo-tour.com

 Fear is a darkroom where negatives get developed