Re: Argyrotype Again

From: Robert W. Schramm (schrammrus@hotmail.com)
Date: 08/06/00-04:02:22 PM Z

Sandy,

A precipitate is a solid that is formed asa result of a chemical
reaction between two or more chemical compounds in liquid form.
In this case you simple mix the two liquid solutions together and
the solid will form and settle out of the solution. One then puts
a filter paper in a funnel leading into another container and pours
the whole thing (liquid and solid) into the funnel. The liquid goes
through. The solid stays behind. Then you wash the precipitate by
pouring distilled water though the funnel. What remains on the
filter paper is silver oxide.

Bob Schramm