Re: Curves for LightJet Correction

From: Hans Nohlberg (chiahans@tripnet.se)
Date: 08/12/00-05:59:38 AM Z

Nick,thanks for your advice. However, our equipment is set up for working
with CMM (Radius calibrating tools, making and editing icc-profiles etc). I
was just curious to know what monitor gamma you are using for Lightjet
device, as well as the necessary resolution to come as close as possible
to Jeffreys goal (input=output) without any "interpolated artificial data".
As the interpolation software of these devices are quite incredible you
don't need, for normal production, very hi-res-files.

Hans

>Hans, The issue of calibration is one that is taken care of when you
>determine that you can print on your printer, exactly (more or less) what
>you see on your screen. The net effect of that effort takes care of 90% of
>any requirements to create a special curve for the digital print house. I
>have used 3 different digital print services and all the resulting images
>compare favorably with one another and with what I see on my screen.
>
>Once you have your monitor/printer in sync, simply create a test image and
>send it to a digital print service like www.sedonadps.com - you can download
>it directly to their site and they will send you a print for not very much
>money - if you are out of the US, as I suspect, try ordering one from
>somewhere nearby. If the results are very similar to your monitor you are
>almost done. Then send a test in to a Lightjet service and add a little
>contrast - it's not that critical.
>
>Good luck,
>
>Nick

>> Nick,
>>
>> Thanks for dealing your experiences, sounds increadable that no adjustment
>> is necessary. You say
>> "what you see on your screen is what comes out". Are you working with a
>> calibrated monitor and if you are doing that, in which colorspace are you
>> working? Any suggestion about necessary resolution/file size?

Atelier Pictoform
Chia N-Löfqvist & Hans Nohlberg
Hedåsgatan 5
SE-412 53 Göteborg