Re: Bregger BPF200 for Pt/Pd?

Kerik717@aol.com
Date: 08/11/00-01:15:47 PM Z

Michael,

I only tested this film using PMK pyro and was not impressed. The negs were just too flat, with lots of base fog as Carl stated. ABC+ and rotary development would likely be a better choice. I didn't go at it any further because I get very good negs for platinum printing with FP4, Tri-X and HP5. Plus, the BPF was considerably more expensive than the other films. If it was my only choice, I'd make it work, but right now I've got better things to do!

Good luck,
Kerik.

ps Super XX was long gone by the time I started using view cameras, so I don't have direct experience, but I've been told by other former Super XX users that the BPF bares little resemblance to it.