Kallitype; Ferric Citrate

From: jiy585 (jiy585@netscapeonline.co.uk)
Date: 08/23/00-09:28:13 PM Z

Can anyone help me please? I have tried making Ferric Citrate by the
method descibed in Dick Steven's book,"Making Kallitypes". My problem is
that I seem to have made a batch of extraordinary strength and I dont
Know why. The pH is 1.35, and the S.G. is 1.218, which according to the
graph relating S.G. to strength gives me something like 35%, which I
feel cannot be right. Incidentally, the colour is brown and not brownish
green as stated in the book.
                        Irving Young