Re: ziatype question

From: Carl Weese (cweese@earthlink.net)
Date: 12/23/00-04:19:39 PM Z

Hi David,

I'd consider a hit of 5% dichromate in a 6/6 zia drop mix to be strong.
Also, it's an awful lot for just about any negative developed in pyro,
even if it needed grade 3 paper for silver. I'd go back to 1% or 2%.
However, the very long exposure and mottled look don't sound right
either. I've used a drop of 20% dichromate in a 12/12 8x10 originally
developed for silver and got fine results in a reasonable (maybe 20
minute) exposure, but those weren't pyro negs. It's possible that your
print was drying out during that super-long exposure.

Happy holidays everyone. Don't spend it all in the darkroom.

---Carl

--
Website with online galleries and workshop information at:
http://home.earthlink.net/~cweese/