Re : Dag info needed

From: roger.kockaerts (roger.kockaerts@chello.be)
Date: 02/03/00-11:13:03 AM Z

Hello Jack,

Since your daguerretype is deteriorating around the edges, the isolation
around its perimeter seems defective. Before reassembling after your
photographs, take care to isolate the glas-dag sandwich with, for example,
Filmoplast P90 which you may wax on the outside to ensure complete
isolation. The cover glass should only be changed if it is severely
corroded. Also see: Barger S. & White M.S. - The Daguerreotype: 19th Century
Technology & Modern Science, Smithsonian Press, 1990.

Good luck,

Roger

P.S. Did you fix an approximate date for your show in Brussels? Cheers

Roger Kockaerts
Permadocument - pH7
Avenue de la Jonction 55
1190 Bruxelles
T: 32-2-3476676
You are welcome to visit our homepage at: <home.tvd.be/cr25588/pH7/>