Re: Continuous Tone Duplicating Film @ Photo Warehouse

FotoDave@aol.com
Date: 02/08/00-09:53:39 PM Z

Duplicating films are made to *duplicate* original negatives or positives, so
the gamma is fixed at 1.0. With stronger developer or longer development one
can change the contrast a little but not too much.

I suppose if our original negatives are low in contrast and we want to make
low-contrast negatives for gum printing, duplicating films can be useful; but
it is difficult to make contrast adjustment for other processes.

Dave Soemarko

***** See Soemarko's Direct Carbon (SDC) prints at
***** http://hometown.aol.com/fotodave/SDC/