Re: Dates and names in history

From: garimo (omirag@cruzio.com)
Date: 02/13/00-03:46:23 PM Z

>1828 Niepe forms partnetship with Daguerre
>
>1833 Niepe dies but his son Isidore continues the partnership. At
>this time they do not have a truly permanent image.

Hi Richard,
 I was in Bookshop Santa Cruz a couple of days ago, and in a History of
photography book I saw a image that was attributed to Niepce and dated
1828. It was a permanent image and reproducible in print, but it was
not what would become what is called a Daguerreotype. Perhaps my
question just comes from not understanding your term -truly permanent
image.

garimo