Re: Dektol vs Clayton on Ortho Litho film

From: Garet Denise (garet@rmi.net)
Date: 02/15/00-04:48:49 PM Z

Kathryn,

Yes, several people on the list have been using the Freestyle APH with
various developers. Using Dektol at any substantial dilution will lower
the contrast (assuming that's what you're after) but will also require
lengthening development time in order to get high densities. Probably the
best info is presented in the World Journal of Post Factory Photography.
I'll show you my copies at the print viewing this weekend if I make it.

Or, as they say, read the archives (but you have to sift through a lot).

Garet Denise
garet@rmi.net