Re: Supplier Silverprint problem (off topic)

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 02/18/00-02:19:47 PM Z

On Fri, 18 Feb 2000 FotoDave@aol.com wrote:

> As for Silverprint, I have never dealt with them, but it sounds like they are
> small company simply overwhelmed by work, so try to understand that. If they
> have the products and price that you like, use them, but don't expect
> services like those big companies who have 20 lines just to handle orders and
> complains. The same person might be taking your order, preparing them,
> packing them, shipping them, etc.

> I run a one-person consulting business. Sometimes people ask me "you are the
> president, the big boss, right?" "Yes, of course!" I always answer, "but I
> am also the secretary, the treasurer, the accountant, the receptionist, the
> phone operator, the programmer, the packaging director, the mail sorter, and
> the janitor."

You're singing my song, Dave -- but you probably don't go ballistic when
you get letters addressed "Dear Sir". (And not just from England, from the
US, too!)

However, that's not why I'm writing -- which is a word in defense of
Silverprint. Or, as the English gentleman who sent me their catalog some 4
years ago put it, "Martin is really laid back." That is to say, as far as
I know this WONDERFUL catalog, showing a range of alt goodies from all our
weird chemicals to Buxton paper (sigh, sob), liquid emulsion, books, and
Kodak too, is still "being updated." Mine was out of date when I got it,
and soon out of print entirely. But just reading it made me want to dash
over to England. Perhaps the mind that can encompass that range & make it
work -- along with at least 2 great books that we know of -- has e-mail
somewhere in the *middle* of its crisis list.

Meanwhile, if you're reading this, Martin: Any progress on that catalog?
Come to think of it, though, mine may be a collector's item by now. Maybe
I should offer it on e-bay.

best,

Judy