Re: transfers

From: emily kate (mle_k8@hotmail.com)
Date: 02/21/00-04:27:43 PM Z

>has anyone done solvent transfers from xerox or copy machine images to
>artists paper
>if so can you tell me what kind of solvent works best- and any tips you
>might
>offer would be very much appreciated- thanks ron caplain

it depends on the xerox and on the paper you to transfer it to. i've used
stonehenge, bfk, and arches.. it seems like the denser papers like water
color paper works best..

as far as solvents, i've found the blender markers to work great, not as
toxic as other solvents (like lacquer thinner) and they're easy to use, just
put the xerox face down on the paper, and cover the xerox back with the
marker.. just be sure to apply enough pressure with something like a baron
(used for relief printing) or perhaps just something like a wooden spoon.

the archives might have info in this.. but i'm not sure.

good luck!
emily