Potassium Chlorate - effect on Pt/Pd

I was reflecting on the fact that my recent Pt/Pd tests produced no readily
visible effect from the use of Pot. Chlorate.  The test included the use of
the strengths 1%, 2% & 4% via one drop in a 32 drop total sensitiser.

You may recall the quiz I posed recently which asked what the appropriate %
solution of PC should be to approximate the use of the Ferric Oxalate B via
the one drop method.  The mathematical answer was apprx. 16%, however the
functional answer, which I never fully understood, was 2%.  The most
relavant point was that if the % was any higher, it would degrade the image

For the record, the bench mark print with one drop of 2% PC was matched to
one produced previously with no PC, and they appeared identical.  Am I
wrongly expecting something more than very subtle - I couldn't even find a
subtle difference.

In view of my test results, I would like to bring this item up for
discussion once again.

Many thanks,

Nick