Re: Salted Paper Toning

<< I haven't tried Salted Prints, yet.  But I seem to recall reading that the
 Dmax wasn't nearly to the level of what is possible with kallitypes.

 Mike, does your Dmax with salted prints approach platinum/palladium?

 Keith >>

hi Keith,

        I'm using my contrastiest of platinum/palladium negs (eg 1.7 -1.8 DR)
and visually, the D Max looks about the same (I can't give any numbers
because I lack a reflection densitometer). In fact the prints approximate my
platinums in tonal range especially higher values; shadows are a touch  more
compressed as I expected. The most surprising thing I noticed was just jow
slow my nu arc printer would expose this stuff. After one trial expo ran to
1200 (shadow density of the neg was .30) time units, I knew I had to find a
better way. The sun is perfect because it's fast and the printing out image
is so clear and "readable" a perfect print on the first try is easy. You just
have to have the proper negative DR.

Mike