densitometry Re: Salted Paper Toning

On Wed, 12 Jul 2000 MIKENPHOTO@aol.com wrote:
>         I'm using my contrastiest of platinum/palladium negs (eg 1.7 -1.8 DR)
> and visually, the D Max looks about the same (I can't give any numbers
> because I lack a reflection densitometer).

I made some general comparisons of density by putting paper in the
*transmission* densitometer, reading the plain paper base and comparing
with the different areas of tone.  It seemed to solve some questions
cropping up at the time about issues I couldn't "read" by eye -- I wonder
if others have done this?

Judy