super-actinic bulbs

Bill Laven, are you there?  I was visiting my neighbor yesterday, and
noticing that his blacklight bulbs in a 4-bulb commercial fixture are
rather far apart -- his cyanotype times, for instance, come out at 26
minutes, at 3 inches from bulb, which I attribute to the fact that the
bulbs themselves are maybe 4 inches on center.... or anyway 2" apart.

Acting like I know all about it, I told him that if he's going to spend
money for a new fixture (which he's ready to), there's this fellow on the
list has got the very thing.  Actually I have that very thing in the
Sources & Services pages of Post-Factory, but I know most folks were using
it for platinum.  Has anyone tried the super-actinic with cyano?

And Garet, where are you to get those dandy fixtures for $8?  In NYC I had
to pay $26 each -- still worth it for the electricity impaired (and still
probably cheaper than what they charge at Armani Soho for ballasts), but
annoying. There does seem to be less selection for 2-foot fixtures,
which is all I have room for... But it occurs to me, did the fixture you
bought have its own plug, or was it the kind you have to wire into the
ceiling yourself (thereby taking another pass at blacking out the entire
neighborhood)...

best,

Judy