Re: densitometry Re: Salted Paper Toning

On Thu, 13 Jul 2000, Doug Munson wrote:
> While alt-photo is certainly something that cannot be done by the
> numbers, for some topics it would be useful to have a more precise
> basis of discussion and comparison.

Doug, speaking as a 21-step addict, I hope I may interject: nothing can be
done *purely* by the numbers, but the numbers on those little bars
quantify as the eye alone cannot -- even the keenest eye. Every negative
is different, but the bars remain constant... etc. etc. etc.  And *always*
give you information, which is more than can be said for many an alt
photo...

However it isn't clear to me what you're trying to convert here ..
transmission of visual information from step prints? Or some other form?

regards,

Judy