Re: Permanency of VDB (test)

On Fri, 21 Jul 2000, Gregory Parkinson wrote:

> >Well, something else comes to mind -- generating the electricity to run
> >those rows and rows of freezers probably contributes to the pollution and
> >global warming that is part of the problem in the first place...
> >
> >Just something about that, even if the total effect is miniscule, bothers
> >me.
>
> Do you have an AC in your home?  A refrigerator?  Do you buy
> refrigerated foods?

Actually we just catch the rats on the hoof and roast them on an open fire
-- but seriously, I do have AC, use normally about 3 times a year, cannot
sustain life without a refrigerator, since I don't live on a farm, have
every window in the house double or triple paned and weather stripped, as
mentioned try for mass transit, etc., etc. I also use electric lights and
a computer -- I don't claim not to use electricity, but do find some uses
questionable -- given all the givens. And, though, I did speak off the
cuff, somehow the sight of all those freezers running to preserve some
photos that should have been made in more permanent media & not on plastic
to begin with, set off my green button....

best,

Judy