Re: Permanency of VDB (test)

Judy,

I doubt that is propaganda. I read a very interesting article a few
years back (wish I had saved it) that made a very good case against
General Motors. It sems that the author had evidence that they went
all over the country buying up the traction (street car companies)
and closing them down. It is true that at one time you could ride
from New York to Chicago on steet cars and interurban lines.

I do know what happened to our railroads.

I do know that we are very self-centered people. Around here I see a
lot of single persons driving around in very large SUVs that take
up three times the space of my car and use four times as much gas
to go the same distance (and BTW produce four times the pollution).
I believe the SUVs are classified as trucks and not subject to the
same anti-pollution devices as passenger cars.

Bob