A FEW ITEMS

DEAR LIST,
    Emily, you should still be able to buy rolls of photo paper between 40"
and 48" wide from most manufacturers.  Kodak sells four b&w and a few color
papers in 40" wide 100 ft. rolls, as does, I feel certain, Agfa and Ilford.
A good photo store should be able to order it for you.
    Re: ferric vs. Iron...please note,
    I think Ferric = Iron (III)   e.g., FeCl3
    and Ferrous = Iron (II)    e.g., FeCl2
    It has to do with the valence , i.e. the number of "+" charges the ion
has and, therefore, to how many negative charges it can bond.  As mentioned,
probably a matter of regional nomenclature.
    On the Green topic,  we are always faced with the "contemporary wisdom"
problem.
It would have been better to make the stored photos in a more permanent
medium but either the "wisdom" at the time (not so long ago we were
"guaranteed" that digital storage media for images would be permanent) or
the purpose (and therefore the pressures e.g. press or advertising photos)
under which some photos were made might make them less permanent and
therefore more vulnerable.  If they are deemed to be worth keeping resources
will be spent upon preservation.
    I confess some guilt washing my archival b&w prints for the approx hour
necessary to get the hypo out.  YES, I use an archival washer that carefully
regulates the flow to the minimum necessary to achieve archival washing but
it is still quite a bit of water.
    It seems like a trade off but I agree that one hour of water flow is a
bit less traumatic to the environment than  running refrigerators in
perpetuity.  However, even archivally processed photos live better and
longer at around 50/50.  That is degrees F and % humidity.  Go figure.
                                            CHEERS!
                                                BOB KISS