Re: sun exposures vs. UV light

From: Sarah Van Keuren (svk@steuber.com)
Date: 06/17/00-06:38:18 PM Z

Joe, is it possible that your students are using Arches 88 Silkscreen
(uncertain of exact title) rather than Arches Cover? We do very well with
vandyke on the Cover but the smooth yet very absorbant screenprinting paper
sucks the chemical solutions into its center and doesn't seem to release it.
The Cover paper has a rough surface and, I suspect, some sizing mixed into
the pulp. Just yesterday I printed cyanotypes on Arches Cover with no
problems.

I worry about what my students are contracting too but I was talking about
the ones in the eyes.

Sarah