Re: Calibration of Digital Negatives [1: ???]

Hi All,

I started typing a calibration post on Saturday morningand said I would
continue after lunch, and now it is Monday already!

But somehow I am feeling a little tired basically because I would be
explaining things that are already explained in manuals and books, so I
decided not to work on it anymore. (When I have some time, I might finish it
and probably put it on my web site).

My whole point is, instead of trying to calibrate your system by your own
way, try to understand the standard calibration method used in the industry
and make only small adjustments for your own use. Photoshop is providing us a
beautiful calibration method (eps. version 5 if you are doing color). Learn
it and use it instead of inventing a new method which after year or years of
refinement, you might come to the same thing that the software is providing.

Dave S