Xerox transfer et al

Mark wrote:
>Another is to use color Xerox transfer paper that is then put into a
>300 degree Press with watercolor paper. The result was really bad
>with this one the transfer paper would not release from the surface
>of the watercolor paper.
>
>I have tried fabric as a support for the image. Canvas had to much
>texture. Satin works aright but changes shape when the image cools.
>
>My guess is that transferring to  a smooth finished cotton could work.
>But I have one lingering question about the life of the Xerox toner.
>Does any one on this list know about the archival or non archival
>qualities of photocopier toner?
>
>And finally Is there any one out there that has found ink jet printers
>that will take 90# rag watercolor paper? Any suggestions?
>
>I would be very grateful for any help that I could get.
>
>Thank you for reading this. I know it is a bit long,
>
>Mark Morrill

Like in Polaroid transfers one can also do Xerox emulsion transfer as well
next to the image transfer. The results can be great, especially in the
beginning when things go nearly wrong and are not repeatable.
If interested I could give some info. One has to bear in mind that all the
effort with this kind of alt results in prints which are not very permanent!
Cheers,

Henk