Re: Permanence of dye-sub prints

>This is contrary to my personal experience with dye-sub prints. I got
>rid of my dye-sub printer after finding to my horror that the  prints
>were fading and color-shifting markedly within just a few months in
>indirect daylight. It was the cyan dye that faded the most, leaving the
>prints mostly yellow and magenta. Maybe it was the particular printer

I have a rather old FARGO dye sub printer (which prints 4*5). Prints
from circa 1995 still look fine, although they are kept in a relatively
dark environment.

THANKS

              Bob Wier
     mailto:wier@calcite.rocky.edu
   12:05 PM Friday, March 10, 2000
        Unix/Internet Administrator
   Rocky Mountain College, Billings MT.
 keeper of the Photo-3d and Overland-Trails
mailing lists and the USA GPS Waypoint server