Re: Without Sanctuary

James, I'll add my experience with lynching photographs.
I was in graduate school working towards a Ph D (anyone who knows me
would understand how bizarre that sounds today) in Humanities. I was
working on a micro-history project investigating the last public
lynching in Dallas, Texas in 1914. The total outrage and frustration I
had working on this paper and the inability to "prove" the conspiracy
that seemed so obvious by reading the public accounts ultimately drove
me to make art which could express my feelings and my ideas. As it
turned out, the experience was so dramatic, I switched degree programs
and entered an MFA track even though I lost 24 hours of graduate work
(towards the new degree) in the process. I never looked back. Powerful
stuff.

Judy, how does this compare with the lynching exhibition in the "art"
gallery you spoke of on the Photo_History list? It's not the same is it?

--
Darryl