Re: Dichromate Hazards - Thanks!

From: Katharine Thayer (kthayer@pacifier.com)
Date: 05/02/00-01:07:47 AM Z

> Linda Phillips wrote:

 you folks don't just shrug and dump this waste down
> > the drain? Do you?

I'm not sure it was clear from my earlier response that I never "dump"
dichromate solution down the drain, and don't advocate such "poison
dumping." Both mixed dichromate and mixed gum emulsion are used up as I
work so there is never any excess to "dump" down the drain. When I
referred to "disposing" of dichromates, I meant only disposing of the
wash water used in development, and I assumed that's what the question
was about. If anyone is disposing of a quantity of the solution itself,
it should of course be handled as a hazardous waste.
Katharine Thayer

 the answer was