Re: Renew don't Recycle Ferric

From: Carl Weese (cweese@earthlink.net)
Date: 05/02/00-03:02:21 PM Z

Judy,

The danger wouldn't be from actual chunks of metal flying about (being
'noble' and non-reactive the metals themselves are pretty harmless
anyway, except to one's bank account). The potential problem is with
particles (molecules?) of the ferric sensitizer getting into the air and
then into people's lungs. I keep meaning to do some more research into
this--by which I mean finding out if some chemist has done said research
since I'm definitely not qualified. Meantime, I work in well ventilated
spaces and make a practice of not directing the airstream across the
print and into my face. Further precautions may be advisable though.

As for the ferricyanide test not working on all "brands" of FO, I'll
again point to my non-scientist status and hope one of the chemists in
the house has a reaction to that.

---Carl

--
Website with online galleries and workshop information at:
http://home.earthlink.net/~cweese/