Re: Glass cleaning procedure

From: Katharine Thayer (kthayer@pacifier.com)
Date: 05/03/00-06:26:39 AM Z

Judy Seigel wrote:

> Sil, I remember that a while back you recommended Corning Glass Cleaner,
> and someone on the list (Katharine maybe) had used it & also endorsed.
> It's not good for this? No longer made?

Sil can correct me on this if I'm wrong, but my recollection is that Sil
recommended it not for glass but for cleaning plastic darkroom trays.
I've not used it or endorsed it for glass myself, but for cleaning the
white plastic sinks I use for developing gum prints. Actually, what I
have is simply called "Corning Cleaner" and its intended use is cleaning
Corning stovetops and the like. It's got some silica grit (that would be
sand?) in it. I'd stick with the ammonia, or one of the other
recommendations today, for glass.
Katharine Thayer