Re: Developing 4x5 negatives

From: Andre Fuhrmann (Andre.Fuhrmann@uni-konstanz.de)
Date: 05/09/00-10:07:25 AM Z

>Exposed film should be kept cool, and just as important, at a stable temp.
>High humidity is very damaging- sealing the boxes is a must, and you should
>use something like silica gel (Not in contact with the film) inside the
>packaging to combat humidity. (There are alternatives for those who don't
>like silica gel, but it's still the most effective.)

Forgot to mention: the film (35mm) I processed after 3 mths was
waiting for developing in Rio de Janeiro, once during winter (the wet
season) and once during summer (the hot and humid season). I had
simply stored it in its plastic cannies. So you may well call this a
torture test ;-) I wouldn't do this with sheet film as humidity is
likely to permeate the paper cartons.