Re: another question

From: garimo (omirag@cruzio.com)
Date: 05/15/00-01:30:07 PM Z

>Oh, not knowing what equipment you have makes guessing challenging.
>
>As another suggestion: Get a screw jack (the kind with a large area
>used in chem labs and such), place this under the easel (or even attach
>to it), rough focus (as you describe), then fine focus may be
>accomplished by raising and lowering the jack. Obviously this will
>change the size of the image slightly, but may be insignificant.
>
>Or spend your money on the fancy focuser that is limited to only 14"
>high.
>
>--
>Jeffrey D. Mathias
>http://home.att.net/~jeffrey.d.mathias/

Jeffery,
 You seem to love to make things complicated and very involved... I
guess then when you have solved what was made complicated you can enjoy
the feelings of greater achievement and fulfillment. My simple mind
isn't function in that way. Maybe I'm just lazy and so I look for the
simple solutions for my simple questions... My favorate guru used to
teach to drop the questions, then answers are not required, but since I
haven't dropped questions, I can at least try to simplify them.

> Does anyone know of a
>> company that makes a oversized grain finder/focusing veiwing
>> tool/whatever that thing is called?? or have any other helpfull
>> focusing tips?
>> thanks
>> garimo

My question was about extended focusing scopes... you answered with
jacking up the easel, which sounds to me unnecessarily complicated. I
trust it's possible that there are several solutions, but getting a
used extended grain focusing tool from a ex-5X7 printer seems to be
this lazy mans simplest choice... and has no reflection on what you
would have preferred for a solution.
 Anyway, thanks for your permission to get the fancy grain
focuser...even though it sounds a bit condescending and confuses me as
to why it comes off that way... But perhaps such complications are
necessary?? People are different.
Thank you for your comments.
garimo