Re(2): Digital question

From: Corky Gallo (cgallo@lawlink.law.emory.edu)
Date: 05/18/00-07:29:12 AM Z

>> Buy the 1270
>> message that was out a while ago.
>>
>> One possible advantage of the Epson 870 and 1270 is that prints
>made
>> using the Epson papers and inks have been tested and rated by
>Wilhelm
>> Imaging Research to last up to 26 years. You can read the report
>at:
>>

>Oh course the down side for the 1270 is that you can't use non-Epson
>ink
>carts or refill them.
>
>Don Bryant

What about the 3000? Can you use non-Epson ink carts? What are some
optional preferences?
Also, I'm curious if anyone could answer my original question
regarding the trade-off between more nozzles on the 4-color machines
vs. less nozzles on the 6-color machine? See that portion of question
re-posted below. Thanks.

1) Printer choices: Epson 1270 ($500); Epson 1520 ($500); Epson 3000
($1300)
I notice the 1270 is 6-color, while the other 2 are 4-color; yet the
4-color machines are 64 nozzle, compared to 48 nozzle on the 1270.
Herein lies my confusion. Is there a trade-off in color (6 vs. 4) for
resolution (more nozzles, 64 vs. 48)? I like the idea of producing
large prints on the machine (the 1270 in fact touts a 13"x44"
panoramic. Does anyone know of any reason to choose the more
expensive 3000 model (which I have purchase approval on), or 64
nozzle vs. 48?

Corky