dating prints

Kerik717@aol.com
Date: 05/26/00-12:57:45 PM Z

> I'm wondering if there is a standard
> practice of dating out there in the real world

Garimo,

I'm not sure weather I'm working in the real world, but you can certainly date your work any way you want. Collectors, galleries, museums, etc. usually like to have both dates - the date of the negative and the date of the print. I (almost) always put both dates on my prints. When you're dead, the prints made around the same time as the negative will generally be considered more valuable by those who worry about such things.

Of course with Dan B's new digital camera/neg approach, he will need to put the date and TIME on the prints. The print made 3 minutes after the shutter was clicked will be very collectable indeed!

Kerik.
www.Kerik.com