coating emulsion on plastic

From: Robert Schaller (Robert@RobertSchaller.net)
Date: 11/03/00-02:43:08 PM Z

Dear All,

    I just joined this list, so please forgive me if the following is
repetitious of other discussions here (if so, please tell me where to
look!). I am interested (and engaged) in printing onto hand-coated
emulsions on a transparent plastic (flexible) base. I am particularly
interested in gum printing, but other emulsions (e.g. home-made
gelatin-silver) are also of potential interest. I wonder whether anyone
else out there has done this with any success? What techniques are there to
get emulsion to stick to plastic (I cheat and use pre-coated fixed
commercial film)?
How do the commercial companies accomplish this, and might this be achieved
in a home dark room? What emulsions come to mind to try this way?

    Robert Schaller