Re: photo history lecture

From: Thor Bols (thorbols@hotmail.com)
Date: 11/03/00-04:42:58 PM Z

Monica, if I appear to "degredate" someone's beliefs, then I'm sorry.
You've done an admirable job of defending Mapplethorpe for his
"door-opening", but I doubt that his success in irrating the homophobes or
in opening doors to fantasy of sexually confused individuals is enough to
include him in a last of The Top Five Photographers.

As to your assertion that Mapplethorpe somehow needed knowledge of the zone
sytem in order to produce his stobe-lit shots, well NOW who's the expert?
That is just plain silly!